Freelance writing can be a dream job for anyone who likes to write, hates commuting and prefers staying in PJ’s all day. Running a successful freelance writing business requires more than just being a good writer. You need to learn how to market yourself as a business, research and find opportunities, and fill gaps that are not currently being met by a competitor.
Here are few tips to boost your freelance writing business:
1. To be successful in the freelance writing business, you must have a solid business plan. Working from home can be great, but a disciplined daily schedule and goals are necessary to get the job done.
2. In order to boost your freelance business, you must secure an easy way for prospective clients to reach you. Make sure you put your calling card on every website you own, and on every social networking site you are a member of.
3. Post your latest writing assignment (with a link) on Twitter. If any editor you followed is following you back, he may see a good example of your work.
4. Search for groups in your area related to the industry you write in and shoot a note to the organizer asking if you can give a talk on a writing topic.
5. Make your clients and editors happy so they’ll call you again and again. Pay careful attention to deadlines and submit your work early whenever possible.
6. By offering freelance writing packages, you can attract business owners that will want to hire you for long-term projects. The longer you work for a business, the more money you can make on a regular basis.